vendredi 4 avril 2014

Capitain Phillips

Oscar nominated in six categories "Capitain Phillips" is a 2013 American thriller film staring Hollywoodian star - Tom Hanks. The film is based on a true story of 2009 - and this is which makes it scarier. During the film I was mostly amazed by the spectacular Navy's rescue. And that is what the film is about to my opinion. The American forces are proceeding a brilliant operation in which the enemies have no chances.
In the other hand I was really sorry for Capitain Phillip's ship and his crew.
However I cannot explain why I was also sorry for "bad" characters at the end of the film?
I think it brings other subjects to be discussed, such as poverty in Somalia, or human needs which can lead to criminality... 

I also found out that the Oscar nominee for Best Supporting Actore -Barkhad Abdi, was paid just $65.000 for his work on the film, which went on to make almost $218 million! The 28-year old actor is reportedly struggling to get by... According to The New Yorker he even asked not the stay at the very fancy Beverly Hilton, but at a hotel near Los Angeles airport so that he could be near a friend who would drive him to festival venues for free.

I liked the film, but I will probably not watch it again

My note is: 6/10 ...and reflects why "Capitain Phillips" received 6 Oscar nominations but did not win any.




Rendez-vous sur Hellocoton !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire